Current Status: UNDER REVISION.
To introduce the student to the basic concepts of theology and their importance in biblical counseling. To illustrate the relationship between the theological presuppositions of individuals and their problems in life as they may be presented in counseling.
- Successful completion of:
- BC02 Methodology of Biblical Counseling.
- Must be actively involved in a body of believers.
- BC03 Theology and Biblical Counseling textbook.
- Enns, Paul P. The Moody Handbook of Theology. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1989.
- Jinkins, Michael. Invitation to Theology. Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity Press, 2001.
- House, H. Wayne. Charts of Christian Theology and Doctrine. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 1992.
- Boice, James Montgomery. Foundations of the Christian Faith: A Comprehensive & Readable Theology. Rev. ed. The Master Reference Collection. Downers Grove, Ill.: InterVarsity Press, 1986.
- Grudem, Wayne. Systematic Theology: An Introduction to Biblical Doctrine. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan Pub. House, 1994.
- Torrance, Thomas F., and Robert T. Walker. Incarnation: The Person and Life of Christ. Rev. ed. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2008.
- Torrance, Thomas F. The Christian Doctrine of God: One Being Three Persons. London, New York: T&T Clark, 1996.
- Tozer, A. W. The Knowledge of the Holy. New York, NY: Harper-Collins, 1961. Reprint, 1978.
Basic Course Outline
- The Holy Scriptures
- The Doctrine of God
- The Spiritual World
- Man and Sin
- The Christian Life
- The Church
- Hope for the Future
- Final Exam
If you are interested in receiving our biblical counseling training, then please click on the button below to fill out the application form. We will consider it and respond to you as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that we may be limited in the way we are currently offering this training.
Back to Biblical Counseling Training