Current Status: UNDER REVISION.
To guide the trainee through an analysis of biblical change, and to promote the application of a model of biblical change in counseling.
- Must be actively involved in a body of believers.
- Agreement with the affirmations and denials of the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC) if seeking certification.
- Letter of recommendation from pastor or church leadership stating that the trainee is growing in regards to the traits of Christian leadership outlined in 1 Timothy 3.
- Successful completion of the following training:
- Biblical Counseling Methodology
- Theology of Biblical Counseling
- Biblical Theodicy (the Problem of Suffering).
- Cozzi, Luciano. The Love of God in Biblical Counseling.
- Adams, Jay Edward. How to Help People Change : The Four-Step Biblical Process. Ministry Resources Library. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1986.
- Adams, Jay Edward. The Biblical View of Self-Esteem, Self-Love, Self-Image. Eugene, OR: Harvest House Publishers, 1986.
- Powlison, David. Power Encounters: Reclaiming Spiritual Warfare. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 1997.
- Welch, Edward T. When People Are Big and God Is Small: Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency, and the Fear of Man. Resources for Changing Lives. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 1997.
- Schaeffer, Francis A. True Spirituality. Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers, 1971.
- Fitzpatrick, Elyse. Idols of the Heart: Learning to Long for God Alone. Phillipsburg, N.J.: P&R Publishing, 2001.
- Training outline
- Quick reference chart for biblical change
If you are interested in receiving our biblical counseling training, then please click on the button below to fill out the application form. We will consider it and respond to you as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that we may be limited in the way we are currently offering this training.
Back to Biblical Counseling Training