Current Status: UNDER REVISION.
To help the trainee develop the essential skills of defining a problem from a biblical perspective and laying out a biblical course of action that will engage and help the counselee in overcoming that problem.
- Must be actively involved in a body of believers.
- Agreement with the affirmations and denials of the International Association of Biblical Counselors (IABC) if seeking certification.
- Letter of recommendation from pastor or church leadership stating that the trainee is growing in regards to the traits of Christian leadership outlined in 1 Timothy 3.
- Successful completion of the following training:
- Biblical Counseling Methodology
- Theology of Biblical Counseling
- Models of Biblical Change.
- Approval of the instructor.
- Adams, Jay Edward. The Christian Counselor’s Casebook. Ministry Resources Library. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan Publishing House, 1986. ISBN: 0310511615
- Hindson, Ed, and Walter Byrd. When the Road Gets Rough. Tarrytown, NY: Fleming H. Revell Co., 1986. ISBN: 0800753836
- Moorehead, Bob. Counsel Yourself & Others from the Bible : The First Place to Turn for Life’s Tough Issues. Sisters, OR: Multnomah Books, 1994. ISBN: 0880708433
- Mack, Wayne A. A Homework Manual for Biblical Living. Vol. 1: Personal and Interpersonal Problems. 2 vols. Phillipsburg, NJ: P&R Publishing, 1979. ISBN: 0875523560
- Ward, Charles G., ed. The Billy Graham Christian Worker’s Handbook : A Topical Guide with Biblical Answers to the Urgent Concerns of Our Day. Minneapolis, MN: World Wide Publications, 1996. ISBN: 0890662738
- Kruis, John G. Quick Scripture Reference for Counseling. 2nd ed. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Baker Books, 1994. ISBN: 0801052610
- Training outline
- Depression model diagram
- Pride model diagram
- Anger dynamics diagram
If you are interested in receiving our biblical counseling training, then please click on the button below to fill out the application form. We will consider it and respond to you as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that we may be limited in the way we are currently offering this training.
Back to Biblical Counseling Training