Counseling Case Studies and Practicum
To help the student develop the essential skills of defining a problem from a biblical perspective and laying out a biblical course of action that will engage and help the counselee in overcoming that problem.
Course Length: 17 weeks -
1. Overview of the course and required textbooks: How to use your resources in counseling.
Planning for counseling: how to set up a counseling plan.
2. Sample plan: Temptation.
3. Sample plan: Worry and anxiety.
4. Sample plan: Anger and bitterness.
5. Sample plan: Depression.
6. Sample plan: Pride.
7. Sample plan: Grief.
8. Sample plan: Envy.
9. Sample plan: Alcohol abuse and addictive behaviors.
10. Case study: # 3 She simply had been waiting (p. 6).
Case study: # 4 The Job Hunter (p. 8).
11. Case study: # 5 I heard God's voice telling me to go to Africa (p. 10).
Case study: # 7 The affair (p. 14).
12. Case study: # 11 Why be depressed? -
Case study: # 12 He molested our daughter (p. 24).
13. Case study: # 15 The dispirited minister (p. 30).
Case study: # 20 "My life is a big fat zero!" (p. 40).
14. Case study: # 8 A soft answer turns away ... Janet (p. 138)
Case study: # 33 Discipline (p. 188).
15. Case study: # 36 "To go on would be a waste of time..." (p. 194).
Case study: # 38 "He hasn't changed; he did it again this past week" (p. 198).
16. Case study: # 41 Six week checkup (p. 204).
Case study: # 42 "Religion is not my thing" (p. 206).
17. Final Exam.